jueves, 8 de julio de 2010

Jo´er k caló.

Hola a todos!

I'm going to break the "Language Pledge" for this blog entry because I want all y'alls to know what's up and because I AM DYING. Due to the insane heat wave over here in Vermont. It is humid as all get out and really really hot. Get this, classes were cancelled today because of it. This program is only 6 weeks long and we as students fail if we miss 3 classes - so if the administration OK'd us to miss a class, I'm assuming it is because they don't want us all dead in a classroom on the 6th floor of Warner hall that doesn't have AC. Last night I carried a case of beer about 100 yards (you know, since we didn't have class today everyone figured that getting crunkcrunk was our best option) and I had to take a shower afterwards.

Aside form all that, I have been here for one week. It feels like so much longer because I am carrying around the nagging fact that I'm not allowed to communicate with all you Angloparlantes. So far the classes are good. I neglect my homework as usual, I still can't write poetry to save my life, and the reading assignments seem not all that crucial for me to complete, but seeing as how I don't want to be a grad school drop-out it all gets done.

Also, I went to a lake for sort of the first time. I'm not counting Lake Renee in Montana since there is no..."beach" as people here call it. I describe it more as a rough pseudosandy perimiter of the lake the extends about 3 feet from the water's edge, but it's just semantics, right?

And so far there are no interesting stories of boys that I can gossip to all of you about, it would just be normal stuff, not like cornfields, Russian pirates or puppy euthanization.

Two last things I will mention is that I rediscovered the Baile Chikichiki (It's on my facebook and you should all watch it if you are not familiar) AND my friend Leah finally taught me how to say 'dog' and 'horse' correctly in Chinese - the former of the two has been eluding me since high school. YAY!

1 comentario:

  1. sorry that I can only comment on the english ones hahah.
    i miss you more than ANYTHING and while you're misting your cute self into a drenchy sweatball [ew?] us santa cruz folk are FREEZING-- i was not prepared for this? I had to go get a new leaf jacket with my seeds because it's always so dang cold, but now I'm stylin' and match dave.
    this comment is long and unrelated.

    I miss you

    ResponderEliminar