lunes, 19 de julio de 2010

I got really drunk and got stuck in an elevator. (separate occasions)

I know, the title is kind of a tease, but I just thought it was really humorous. It´s all true, I hope you know. Here´s the recap...

Saturday - A group of us went to Burlington which turned out to be a pretty cool town. It is the smallest biggest town of a state in all of the US. Super confusing, I know. Here´s how it breaks down - so every state has it´s largest city, right? Well Vermont´s largest city is Burlington (smaller than Santa Cruz, just for a point of reference), and so out of all those largest cities in all the states in the US, Burlington is the smallest. Go Vermont. Quaint, yeah. Low key, pretty much. But fun nonetheless. We found a really kitchy clothing store which was perfect for the costume party that the Spanish school was hosting that night. I bought a sailor hat for $6 (cuz I´m a big spenda´) and drew an anchor tattoo on y arm with a sharpee. This all sounds really fun, right? Well it was except that I got BELIGERENT. Me + that much vodka = NEVER AGAIN. Sunday I was having flashbacks of all the embarrassing things I did (por ejemplo, dancing on stage with two other people in front of all the professors, getting DOWN with some guy on the dancefloor with pretty much everyone watching, tripping up and down stairs all night and trying to enter the closed Juice Bar while a group of people watched me tug pathetically at the door). Wow.

Sunday - Recovery and homework.

Monday - Classes again, but here comes the interesting part of this story... I was talking to some friends who I saw for like 2 seconds at the dance. One asked me, "so how was Sunday?" I said it was fine though I had a headache, I figured he saw me extremely drunk and naturally knew I had the world's worst hangover. And so I asked "Did you see me Saturday?" He said only few those few seconds but he had a suspicion of something. "A suspicion of what?" I inquired. "Well, I heard you were dancing..." Pause. Analyse. If he didn't see me dancing but heard from someone else I was dancing, and then thought there was something goign down afterwards - that means like everyone saw my mortifyingly embarrassing moment AND THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT IT. Fml.

Monday part 2 - I was studying in BiHall (I know how that sounds, it's not important) and all of a suddent there was the most intense downpour I have ever seen in my life. There were insane bolts of lightning and thunder that shook you when it clapped. I don't think I can do it justice in writing, but it was insane. So my friends and I thought it would be cool to go up to one of the higher floors of the building and watch this storm from one of the giant windows. We get in the elevator and we are on our way up to the 6th floor... 4 *ding* 5 *ding* 6 *WHAM* and the elevator stops. The doors don't open. We were trapped in the elevator uring a lightning storm. No, in retrospect I do not consider it a good idea to have taken an elevator in a lightning storm, but it is what it is. I was about two seconds away from whipping out my cell phone and calling a friend to say "oh hey, what's up? Can you do me a solid and call campus security and maybe the fire department? I'm trapped 6 stories up in an elevator. Thanks." But before I could do that a friend actually tried pushing a button for the 5th floor and the elevator went down and the doors opened. We took the stairs back to the 1st floor when we were done watching the storm.

1 comentario:

  1. I think your Saturday night was just practice for what's to come. Let's be honest.

    ResponderEliminar